ADHD Counseling and Coaching
You try to stay on top of things, but they keep piling up.
Your partner complains that you are so disorganized and scattered. In fact, they feel like they have to be your private secretary. It’s impossible to find anything. And, you spend all kinds of time trying to locate keys, phones, and other essential items. You missed another dentist appointment and now they won’t even let you make another. Your boss even yelled at you for being late again. Nobody seems to have much sympathy and now people seem annoyed at you. Your financial situation is also precarious. It didn’t help that you purchased one more stupid thing in an impulsive moment.
What worries you now is that the stress of all this. It feels as if it’s coming out in you yelling and screaming. At points, you feel ready to explode. The stress of all this is so hard you’re in a constant state of worry and nerves.
Mentally, it is so hard. You feel like when you talk you go in a thousand different directions and yet never get your point across. Even if you don’t know what you’re trying to say.
Dealing With The Symptoms of ADHD
As an ADHD therapist, I help young and older adults who struggle with ADHD symptoms such as planning, time management, and goal setting. In our work, we improve organization, impulse control, and problem-solving skills. I help clients move from inaction to action using interventions designed to help manage the symptoms of ADHD. During and after ADHD treatment, my clients and their loved ones report reaching more personal goals, decreasing anxiety, and feeling more confident about their abilities.
Common symptoms of ADHD in teens and adults:
- Unable to give close attention to details. Or, making careless mistakes in work and other activities
- Difficulty sustaining attention.
- Not following through on instructions
- Difficulty organizing tasks and activities
- Losing things necessary for tasks and activities
- Forgetful and easily distractible
- Fidgeting and squirming
- Leaving your seat in classrooms where you’re expected to remain seated
- Shifting around a lot
- Feeling on the go as if you’re driven by a motor
You may also struggle with executive functioning skills. A loose definition of this is the ability to expect events, set goals, pre-plan activities, and track tasks.
Examples of deficits in executive functioning include:
- Procrastination and a poor sense of time
- Trouble preparing ahead for upcoming events
- Often late for work or events
- Difficulty judging the time it takes to do something or get somewhere
- Trouble completing an activity before starting a new one
- Can’t rank things well
- Trouble organizing thoughts
- Difficulty saying what you want to say
- When shown something complicated, find it difficult to keep the information in mind to do it right
- Difficulty explaining things in proper order or sequence
- Making impulse decisions
- Have a low tolerance for frustrating situations
- Things have to have an immediate payoff or you do not seem to get them done
- Quick to get angry or upset
- Remain emotional or upset longer than others
ADHD Treatment in Boise, ID Can Offer The Support You Deserve
I use specific interventions to help address ADHD symptoms. I also use interventions to address anxiety, anger, depression, and substance misuse that appear with ADHD. Before starting ADHD treatment, you will complete ADHD testing to see if ADHD is present and if so, how severe. Anxiety, depression, and substance misuse often go with ADHD. Thus, we will also address this if necessary. Then, we will identify what areas of life you are struggling with. A customized treatment plan will then be prepared. Sessions are held weekly with an option for coaching help between sessions.
Begin ADHD Treatment in Boise, ID
Don’t lose another day to worry and anxiety. I would be honored to help you turn inaction into action. Our Boise, ID-based counseling practice can help start the process of developing lifelong strategies and solutions to manage ADHD. You can reach a place of confidence and hope!
To start ADHD treatment, follow these simple steps:
- Contact Another Chance Counseling to schedule a free 15-minute consultation
- Meet with a caring therapist
- Start living a life full of hope
Other Services Offered with Another Chance Counseling
ADHD treatment isn’t the only service we offer from our Boise, ID-based counseling practice. We also offer a variety of services including substance abuse evaluations, counseling for families impacted by substance abuse, and substance abuse counseling. We also offer counseling for teens, couples, trauma counseling, depression counseling, and counseling for anxiety.